Express Entry is the new electronic selection process, designed to select skilled workers for permanent residence to Canada.
If you want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, your first step is to become a candidate in the Express Entry pool
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- A portion of the Provincial Nominee Programs
- Step 1) Potential candidates complete an online Express Entry profile
- Step 2) The highest-ranking candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residence
- Language ability
- Work Experience
- Qualifying education in Canada
- A valid job offer or
- A nomination by a province or territory
Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool using a points-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Points are awarded using the information in their profile.
Candidates with the highest scores in the pool will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Candidates will be awarded points for:
These additional points can make a candidate rank high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible round of invitations.
If someone is invited to apply, they will have 90 days to submit an online application for permanent residence.
IRCC will process the majority of complete applications (meaning those with all the necessary supporting documents) in six months or less.